Today I have a Paleo Nut Slice Recipe for you which I think you will really enjoy, especially if you love nuts and honey! This Paleo Nut Slice Recipe is made from only whole and clean ingredients and is refined sugar free as well as grain free.
I really enjoy a nut slice or nutty muesli bar however haven’t had any in a very long time as I look at the long list of ingredients including things like Glucose Syrup and Emulsifiers along with a whole lot of numbers that I don’t know what they mean completely puts me off.
I don’t know about you but I would much rather know exactly what is in my food and use items that don’t have numbers as ingredients, something tells me eating numbers isn’t the best for your body.
For bonus points you could make this Paleo Nut Slice Recipe using your own home made nut butter (if your not paleo you could use home made peanut butter).
I wasn’t sure how well this Paleo Nut Slice recipe would turn out as I’ve never tried to make anything like it before but I was pleasantly surprised at how DELICIOUS it was, we gobbled it all up within a couple of days. A week later I made a batch this size (it’s quite a lot, use a half batch if you just want enough for 1-2 people for 1-2 days) just to double check the recipe (your welcome!) and it was all gone very quickly as well.
I told the b/f that I wasn’t going to make it for a little while as it was far too easy to eat and yummy!
- 3 Cups Mixed Nuts (I used Almonds and Cashews)
- 1 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- ¾ Cup Coconut Chips (or shredded coconut)
- 4 Tablespoons Coconut Oil (Hard)
- 4 Tablespoons Hard Honey (Clover works well)
- 1 Tablespoon Nut Butter
- Melt the coconut oil, honey and nut butter together in a saucepan on the stove top.
- Pop all the other ingredients into a bowl and stir so the ingredients are mixed together.
- Stir through the melted coconut oil mixture and ensure it covers all the ingredients (very important!)
- Pop into a lined baking tray or loaf tin (depending on if you want a tall or low nut slice).
- Put into the freezer for at least half an hour - I recommend an hour to ensure it completely hardens.
- Once completely hardened pull out of the fridge and cut immediately - use a sharp knife!
- Store in the fridge.
Make sure you use a hard honey not a soft runny one - if it's hard to squeeze the container or scoop it out of the jar you have a good one.
If your not specifically Paleo I would use peanut butter, otherwise use almond or cashew butter.
Are you a fan of nut slices? Have you ever tried making one before?